How to Become a Bookie: Outsourcing Solutions
Outsourcing is when you pay a third party establishment or individual (offshore or not) to provide you with all the tools that you need in order to help you become a bookie.
On the other hand, if you have chosen to become a bookie that is going to run a business with physical and online clients, you can still outsource a large portion of your bookmaking operation.
In the case that you decide that you want to run an online-only sports betting and gaming operation, you don’t have the need to hire anyone, as you can outsource all of it.
Think about it as having your own virtual wagering operation.
How to Become a Bookie: Why Should You Outsource?
If you want to become a bookie, you need to save as much money as you can, so saving cash is the obvious number one reason to use outsourcing services. With that said, there are other more specific reasons for doing so, and these apply for both small and large sports betting and gaming operations:
- Variable Headcount or Capacity: With time, the needs related to your bookmaking business may change, especially when it comes to handling volumes of clients. An offshore price per head company is able to manage as many customers as you can possibly get, so this is a big plus indeed.
- Lower Investment Costs: Since you are outsourcing the majority of your bookmaking operation, you can keep costs down. And, if you decide to become a bookie, and, you need an office, it doesn’t have to big one since most of the data related to your wagering business is stored online.
- Being More Effective by Focusing on What you Want: When you use the outsourcing solutions of a price per head company, you can have more time to really reflect on the big picture. Think about, and work on the things that can really make your business grow (mainly acquiring new clients on a regular basis), while you use outsourcing to take care of all non-core, and some of the top core tasks of your wagering operation.
Outsourcing is particularly important if you want to become a bookie, especially if you live in an area that is very expensive. For example, working with an offshore price per head establishment allows you to grant your players access to a 24-7 call center.
And the reason why these call center services are so affordable for the average bookmaking agent is because offshore payroll costs are less than your local market pricing might suggest.
This means that the offshore price per head company and the wagering agent both are able to make a good profit, so outsourcing is definitely a win-win situation.
Be Practical With Negotiations: As we mentioned early in the article, if you want to become a bookie and be succesful, you need to keep an eye on your expenditures, and this includes investing on outsourcing services.
When you get in touch with a company or individual that you are consider hiring as an outsourcing services provider, make sure that you pay neither more than you want to, nor less than the work is actually worth.
Offshore and Onshore
Now, when it comes to outsourcing, there are two options:
Onshore outsourcing services includes things such, accounting, and sales.
- Accounting: If you want to become a bookie, you need to know how to manage the figures of your business, and if you don’t, or simply don’t want to do it yourself, you should consider hiring an accountant.
- Sales: This is another thing that you can outsource. You really don’t need to have a team of sales agents working at an office making cold calls for you. And you also don’t need to have sales agents on a payroll. What works best for a new wagering and casino entrepreneur is to outsource the services of sub-agents whom can work for a sales commission.
Offshore outsourcing solutions include call center customer service, online wagering and sportsbook software.
The reason is because the price per head company that offer these services is able to save cash, and the money that it manages to save, is then invested on technology and infrastructure.
- Infrastructure: Another convenient factor of using the outsourcing services of an offshore price per head company is that the latter counts with modern glass and steel facilities strategically located in an area of the overseas city that is rich in technological resources.
- Website Development: To pay an onshore web designer to come up with a nice marketing website can be costly. So, if you want to promote your bookmaking services over the internet, you can consider hiring the services of an offshore web designer who can deliver the same high quality, for a lower fee.
Now, if you are to acquire price per head services, an offshore PPH shop can offer you a full website so your players can place bets over the web, and they can even create a marketing website for you on the side, if that is what you want to do.
- Web Marketing: If you want to promote your sports betting and gaming business over the web, but you don’t want to do all the work yourself, an offshore company can definitely offer you a great deal, and also deliver great results.
Web marketing services that you can outsource include:
- SEO or Search Engine Optimization
- Banner Placements
- Text Link Placements
- Pay per Click or PPC
- Web Analytics
Just to mention a few…
Benefits and Risks of Outsourcing
When you use outsourcing services, you are avoiding a great number of hassles, but not all of them.
You DONT have to worry about:
- Hiring personnel, which include things such as background checks and drug tests.
- Anything related to payroll.
- Finding office space.
- Acquiring office equipment.
You DO have to worry about:
- Provide clear and consistent instructions.
- Being responsive to requests.
- Keeping an eye on consistency of resources.
- If you work with various outsourcing services providers, make sure that they are all on the same page, all the time. Working together in this case is more than important.
This combination of affordability, highly skilled talent, and great infrastructure is what makes of outsourcing an outstanding option for the person that is considering to become a bookie.