Pay per Head Bookie: Knowing What you Want, How to Get It
Taking the decision of running a pay per head bookie business involves knowing what you want, and what you don’t want, especially when it comes to negotiations.
Negotiating is how you get what you want, and lacking, or not making an effort to cultivate this skill is certainly not in your favor.
In order to get the best out of a negotiation process that is going to lead you to get what you want, you also need to focus on the big picture.
This is because if you fail to do so, you can run into some shady negotiations that are not going to contribute at all (and even move you backwards) to where you want to be in 3 or 4 years from now.
Pay per Head Bookie: Shaping your Vision
Your vision is directly related to your professional goals as a pay per head bookie entrepreneur.
The good life doesn’t just happen, you need to create it, and you start doing so by envisioning it.
You need to describe how you see yourself in the future as if that was the present time. Make it real, smell the smells, feel the textures, etc.
What’s most important is how this vision, the way you describe it to yourself in your thoughts and in written form, motivates you. How it gives shape and form to the ideas that you have to improve your sports betting business.
According to Napoleon Hill, most people never follow their dreams of becoming their own bosses because they fail time and again to envision their future selves.
For this reason, it is important that you take the time and really envision yourself becoming successful as a pay per head bookie business while avoiding giving way to negative thoughts.
Making a Commitment
Creating a vision of what you want is not enough; you also need to commit to it.
Let’s take an example to make things clearer:
When an individual says that he wants to be thin but fails to exercise and continues to eat the wrong stuff in excess, it means that he is not committed enough to follow the steps that can allow you to become thin.
The truth, as a matter of fact, is that this individual just wishes that he wanted to be thin so bad to be able to commit to it.
With that said, it is clear that wishing something and committing to it are two totally different things.
Identifying your Values
Since values are the standards and principles your pay per head bookie company operates under, they define where your business is going.
Your professional values also include your limits, meaning your boundaries of behavior as a bookmaking agent, and also the boundaries you are not willing to let your clients to cross.
When you are clear about what your values are, you will have a better understanding of what you cherish the most as a pay per head bookie.
How To Achieve Your Vision
To have a vision of what you want your pay per head bookie company to be is one thing, and to achieve such vision is a different one.
The 3-Year Plan
A three-year plan is great because it is not very long, and it is also quite specific about its goals and overall vision.
It is also necessary because it make you more effective and efficient, and can help you to spot potential unwanted situations and needs.
It may be the case that 3 years from now you won’t achieve all the things that you wanted to achieve related to your pay per head bookie business, but if you want to accomplish anything at all, you must definitely take your time to brainstorm a good plan, and you need to:
- Think Big: Don’t forget to think big when creating your 3-year plan! Indeed, your vision must be filled with big ambitions. It may be the case that you believe that thinking big is a bit unrealistic for your particular case, but thinking big is just a state of mind that is necessary to set in you in the right path to success. Don’t worry, later on the road, you can scale back.
- Think Bold: Thinking big goes hand-to-hand with thinking bold. If things aren’t lining up for you, then don’t get desperate and instead, make sure to remain calm in order to try to tackle your problems in the best possible way by using bold, different solutions. In other words, be as perseverant as you can in order to make of the vision related to your pay per head bookie company a reality.
Pointers for Creating the Plan
Once your ideas are in the right place, then it is time to start putting your 3-year plan together. Here are some helpful pointers about creating an action plan:
- Prioritize Goals: Some of your goals carry more weight than others, so, make sure that you list your goals (and the tasks related to these) based on priorities.
- List Action Steps: Once you have listed properly the goals related to your pay per head bookie operation, then you need to start taking steps to execute them. Here, you need to be as detailed as you can in order to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
- Identify People That You Need Assistance From: Although there are many goals that you can accomplish on your own, you will undoubtedly need the help of other people in order to accomplish others.
- Identify Obstacles: When you identify an obstacle, stay calm and make a pause. Once your mind is clear, sit down and find the best solutions for the situation.
- Estimate Completion Date: And last but not least, you should write your goals on a list based on a timeline. Each goal must come with its own completion date as this allows you to know when the right time to focus on a given goal is.