Whenever you attempt to access a website on the internet, you begin connecting to your internet service provider (ISP). They redirect you to any websites (or different online resources) that you want to browse. All of your internet traffic passes via your ISP’s servers, which implies that they might see and log everything you do online. Besides, they could even past over your browsing history to any government entities, advertisers, and other third parties without seeking your permission.
Even if you don’t have anything to hide, you probably won’t like the feeling of being monitored and tracked. So, the main purpose why internet users choose VPN services is all about online privacy and security. Once you navigate any websites using a VPN, your communications are encrypted, so your ISP, hackers, government entities and other third parties are not able to see your browsing history and can’t even intervene along with your online activities.
Why do I need VPN?
Listed here are a number of most typical cases when you may strongly consider using VPN services:
- You can compare the prices while doing online shopping because some sites offer different prices to guests from different countries. By using a VPN to change your location, you’ll be able to hop around and search for the best price.
- If you are the person who are regularly using public Wi-Fi Internet connection, VPN is your first choice because public hotspots are full of risk even a password-protected one. Hackers can always find ways to intercept your internet traffic and then steal your important data such as passwords, photos and other more. Fortunately, using VPN service allows you to stop worrying about identity theft, you can check the emails and social media accounts, make bank transactions and shop online with full protection even on free Wi-Fi.
- VPN can help you access services that might not be available in certain country for example: China, where the government blocks apps like Facebook or YouTube. Not being able to enjoy something you like is really frustrating! VPN is the solution because it changes your IP location by making it look as if you’re navigating from a different place.
- It can also work on streaming programs while you’re traveling abroad and desire to watch some favorite shows back home. There might be any regional restriction for the streaming channel which won’t allow you to view the content from another country, but by altering your location with VPN, you’ll be capable of bypass the censorship.
- Another important reason to use VPN is to hide your identity from trackers. By changing your location, you’ll be able to throw off annoying online services that attempt to trace your location and invade your privacy.
- Even when browsing the websites at home, using VPN is a good idea because you won’t be bombarded with ads when you try to search for some shopping options online. Through this method, you can ensure that your ISP won’t be able to sell your entire browsing history to the highest bidder because VPN encrypts your internet traffic, makes it extremely hard to link it to you and leaves no online footprints to track.