Have These Questions In Mind To Avoid Becoming Identity Theft Victim
You can hear the news everyday about a data breach that could happen anywhere, even involving a place or person you know. Although you can be a very careful person, you would still have the risk of becoming a victim of identity theft any moment. Besides, having your data compromised doesn’t actually mean that your identity is stolen but it can be any other aspects that can cause any kind of damage to your privacy. Therefore, you should be extra vigilant about all your actions because even a normal staff in a place where you frequently visit could secretly snap a photo of your credit card.
This is why you should keep yourself alerted all the time so scammers or people with bad intention cannot obtain any chance to deceive you. Now this article is here to guide and help you to prepare yourself with some questions that you should always keep in your mind so you can avoid the tragedy from having personal sensitive data stolen.
These are the questions that you should automatically ask yourself for security…
to double check with the doubts you may have when someone uses any kinds of means to contact you.
- Is the person who contacted me is truly from the trustful entity?
- Is it a well-known entity?
- Is the incoming contact source correct? (with the correspondent phone number or with correctly spelt email address)
- Where can I find more details to prove the identity of contactor?
- Why do they contact me at this moment?
- Is it a proper / rational work time to contact me?
- What might be the purpose of the contact?
- Is the requested information necessary and fits with the purpose?
- Do I really need to give out this information?
- Should I click on the provided link?
- Do I really need to open the attachment included in the email?
- Is the website reliable to visit?
To conclude, it’s totally fine to suspect the reliability and credibility of anyone who tries to get information from you because this is the only way how you protect your own security. Besides, always remember that do not easily give out your personal information if you don’t want to become the next victim. Check on more tips to learn how to prevent identity theft effectively.