You can’t imagine how much the Internet knows your personal information and such data can be used by any entities or individuals on other purpose without your notice. To be more specific, advertising companies monitor your online searching preferences to sell you brands that might interest you, government entities spy on the citizens all the time to catch the possible criminals, and even Google and Facebook track all things from you.
In other words, everything you do through Internet might be carefully watched, recorded and then even used under any purposes to benefit others except you because you won’t be aware of it!
Honestly, it’s not possible to keep yourself 100% anonymous online because we always leave digital trails somehow wherever or whatever we do on Internet. However, there are still some further actions you can take to protect your personal data and avoid the threat as much as possible. Let us give you some suggestions about what you can do to increase your privacy protection as the following:
- Make sure that you are using strong passwords for all your accounts.
- Constantly check on your antivirus software to ensure it’s updated.
- Clear the cookies all the time or even configure your Web browser to automatically delete the cookies every time you close it.
- Use additional screen protection like password, pattern or pin on all your devices.
- Try out the secure search engine which doesn’t log your data (e.g. DuckDuckGo).
- Use incognito mode on web browsing.
- Turn off location tracking on all your devices.
- Encrypt your emails and communications.
- Get a trustful VPN service.